How to write your Project Brief
A free guide and template to help you write a short description about your dream home
If you’re planning to design and build a custom home, writing a project brief should be your first step.
In this free download you’ll discover:
- Why you need to write a project brief
- What are the 5 key elements about your project that everyone wants to know
- How to write a project brief
- Who will appreciate this information
Working on your dream house can and should be an exciting endeavor. However, it can be also overwhelming, confusing, time consuming, and exhausting. It’s a long and tedious journey from dream to home, and there are many forks in the road.
Too often, I hear people frustrated by misunderstandings, cost creep, and timeline troubles. They had to turn back and take another path. These are symptoms of not setting realistic goals early in the process – with a clear scope of work, a schedule, and a budget that are all in alignment. They were misguided!
That’s why I’ve created this tool to help you start your project on the right note. Take this opportunity to plan the route and take the first step towards clarity and ease in a long journey.
Writing your thoughts and ideas will also help you communicate your needs and desires effectively and efficiently. This will save you time and money.
Click below to download your free one-page project brief template.
- Benefits of writing a project brief
- Tips on what to do with your project brief
- A guide to filling out the template
- A one-page project brief template
- An example project brief to give you an idea of the level of detail
I hope you enjoy this free resource. Please leave a comment below to let me know if you found this to be useful. I look forward to your feedback.
Sharon George, AIA