What constitutes full architectural services?
As a licensed professional with many years of experience with custom homes, we are equipped to provide a range of services that go above and beyond architectural design. Depending on the complexity of your project and your goals, we either refer or hire other licensed professionals as consultants, to do the work that they have expertise in. We coordinate the entire team, so that you don’t have to.
Full architectural services help you take your project from conception to completion in a single stream.
The following is a list of all the services we can provide. You and your project may not need or benefit from all of these services. We’ve got different levels of service packages to suit your needs.
Ground work that helps define the problem and create the framework for design.
- Vision and Strategy Planning
- Feasibility Analysis
- Site Selection
- Site Analysis
- Siting, i.e. Identifying the ideal location for a building or use.
- Cost Analysis
- Research zoning, ordinances, and codes
- Site Surveys – boundary, topography, trees – referrals to surveyors
- Existing conditions survey/ As-Built Drawings – referrals to other service providers
- Geotechnical Surveys – referrals to service providers
Design solutions that start at a conceptual level and become more refined as various systems are integrated.
- Site Design
- Architectural Design
- Interior Design
- Lighting Design and Electrical Layout
- Finish, Fixture, and Equipment Selections (FFE)
- Energy Analysis
- Mechanical Systems Design and Engineering
- Structural Design and Engineering
- Civil Design and Engineering
- Intelligent Building Systems Design
- Pool Design and Engineering
- Pier/ Boat Dock Design and Engineering
- Landscape Design
Production of documents used for permitting, bidding, and construction of the project. These documents must be accurate, coordinated and consistent, complete and understandable.
- Permit drawings
- Construction drawings
- Technical drawings
- Material research
- Specifications for materials, installation methods, tolerances, performance criteria, testing, etc.
- Schedule of selections for finishes, fixtures, and equipment
Project Management Services
Planning, organizing, communicating, and managing the project, the team, and the schedule.
- Project Administration
- Selecting and hiring consultants
- Coordinating client, consultants, builder, and architectural team
- Managing Time Schedule
- Providing Counsel
- Monitor Budget and Cost assessment
- Presentations to Design Review Boards such as Neighborhood groups, Architectural Control Committees (ACC) and Historic Preservation Office Review
- Pre-Construction Services, see below
- Construction Observation, see below
- Construction Cost Evaluation
- Bidding and Comparative Analysis
- Contractor Selection
- City Building Permitting Review
- Value Engineering
Construction Observation Services
Goal is to assist you and the contractor to build the project as designed.
- Site Visits
- Field Reports
- Review of shop drawings and submittals
- Response to RFIs (Requests for Information) from Builder
- Approve Draw Requests and Change Orders
- Project Close-out
We do not offer this service at this time. Please note that Project Management and Construction Management are two completely different service offerings.